Welcome to Class 4/5/6T - Mrs Janine Turner
I am excited to be a part of your child’s learning journey in this year. It has been a busy start to the year, and the students have all settled in well. We are working on the core values of Respect, Responsibility Excellence & Resilience which are embedded into our daily learning. Our class theme this year is ‘The Ocean’ and our motto is ‘Diving Towards Success.’
- Library – Library is Thursday with Mrs Duke where students are using inquiry learning and research to develop a greater understanding of Australia’s connections with the world. Year 4 students will be working with Mrs Peek on their Geography unit at this time.
- RFF – RFF is a period of time when the classroom teacher is relieved from face to face teaching to complete programming, testing etc. 4/5/6T will have Mrs Beven on Wednesday afternoons for STEM and Technology.
- Sport – 4/5/6T will have Sport on a Thursday for Term One between 11.30-12.40pm and will participate in a Lacrosse program on Fridays between 12.00 -12.40pm. Please ensure that your child wears their sports uniform on Fridays and comfortable sports shoes on Thursdays. It is also important that they bring their hat and water bottle each day.
- Homework – Homework is handed out on Mondays and returned to school for marking on Fridays. We encourage all Stage 3 students to organise this study habit in preparation for high school.
- Scripture/non-scripture – On a Tuesday the whole school participates in scripture or non-scripture classes for 30 minutes.
- Assembly – Friday even weeks @ 2.20pm
I’m really looking forward to working with the students of 4/5/6T and their families this year. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need anything.