Welcome to Class 6D - Ms Kathryn Drew
Hello, I am excited to be a part of your child’s learning journey in Stage 3. It has been a busy start to the year, and everyone has settled into the class. We are emphasising in the classroom and playground, the core values of Respect, Responsibility, Excellence & Resilience which are extremely important in the learning journey to becoming an adult. These are also embedded into our daily learning.
- Library – Library is Mondays with Mrs Duke where students are using inquiry learning and research to develop a greater understanding of Australia’s connections with the world.
- RFF – RFF is a period of time when the classroom teacher is relieved from face-to-face teaching to complete programming, testing etc. 6D will have Mrs Beven on Wednesdays for STEM and Technology.
- Sport – Stage 3 will have Sport on a Thursday for Term One between 11.30-12.40pm and 6D will participate in a Lacrosse program on Fridays from 11.30-12.00. Please ensure that your child is wearing their sports uniform including HAT, and has a water bottle.
- Homework – Homework is handed out at the beginning of each TERM and needs to be returned to school for marking on Fridays. We encourage all Stage 3 students to organise this study habit throughout the week, in preparation for high school.
- Scripture/non-scripture – On a Tuesday the whole school participates in scripture or non-scripture classes for 30 minutes.
- Assembly – Friday odd weeks @ 2.20pm in the Hall, everyone welcome.
I am looking forward to working with the students of 6D and their families this year. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any help, would like to arrange a meeting, or have an enquiry. Use the parent portal to leave a message and I’ll return to you as soon as I can.