Welcome to Kindy Blue - Mrs Jo-Anne Mudge
I am excited to be a part of your child’s learning journey here at Tuggerah Public School. It has been a busy start to the year and everyone has settled into class and is enjoying coming to school.
● Library – Library day is Tuesday with Mrs Duke. Students are encouraged to bring their labelled library bag every Tuesday and borrow books to enjoy at home. These books will be required to be returned the following week.
● RFF – RFF is a period of time when the classroom teacher is relieved from face to face teaching to complete programming, testing etc. Kinder Blue will have MS McCarthy on a Thursday and Friday where they will be covering History, Wellbeing, Art.
● Sport – Kindergarten have sport together at 9:00am on a Friday. Please ensure that your child is wearing their sports uniform, has appropriate footwear on, brings their hat and water bottle.
● Scripture/non-scripture – On a Tuesday the whole school participates in Catholic, combined Christian or non-scripture classes for 30 minutes.
● Personal belongings – Please ensure that all of your children’s belongings are clearly labelled. As students learn to become increasingly independent in kindergarten things often get lost, it is much easier for these items to return home if they are labelled.
● Spare clothes – Kindergarten is a year of change for your children and even children who have toilet trained for years can often have toileting accidents. Please pack a spare change of clothes for your child so that we can help them deal with the accident in a respectful and discreet way.
● Parent Portal – You will be able to contact both class teachers directly through the parent portal. It is essential that if a message is urgent, for example a change in pick up details, that you call the office and the message will be passed to us.
● Fruit break – Each morning at 9am we have fruit break. Please pack your child a small piece of fruit or some vegetables to eat during this time.
● Absences – Please ensure that you call the school office to inform them of absences or reply to the automatic text that is sent out when your child is marked absent for the day.